Motilal Oswal Margin Trading
As the brokerage industry is getting advanced and more competitive, many brokers worldwide provide high margin and leverage incentives to allow investors to have much more significant exposure on their trades. These tools will enable an investor to take a much more prominent position on their trades and aim for a greater return. Motilal Oswal offers different leverage for different kinds of trades.
On this page, you can find a margin calculator for Motilal Oswal. Motilal Oswal margin calculator can help you find out how much leverage you can get for different stocks depending on the type of trade, such as equity delivery, equity intraday, currency or commodity, etc.
To calculate margin for Motilal Oswal,
- Select the kind of trade such as equity delivery, equity intraday, currency, or commodity.
- Select a stock or a contract from the scrip input.
- Enter share price and available margin balance in the account.
- Click on calculate button.
Motilal Oswal Margin Calculator
|Shares (No leverage)
Motilal Oswal Margin Calculator Report
After clicking on calculate, you can find a comprehensive report for the margin/leverage offered. In this report, you can find,
- Margin balance The margin available in your account.
- Share price The price of the stock or contract traded.
- Shares (No leverage) The total number of shares you could buy if margin/leverage benefits are not provided.
- Exposure Margin The exposure offered for the selected scrip and the trade type.
- Shares (Leverage) The total number of shares because of the leverage provided by Motilal Oswal.
- Leverage The leverage offered by Motilal Oswal. This is essentially a multiplier that represents the higher number of shares that you can buy because of margin trading.
Motilal Oswal Exposure/Leverage
Motilal Oswal Equity Delivery Margin/Leverage
In equity delivery trading, you hold the stocks in your Demat account for some time and then sell them when a suitable opportunity arises. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 5X for equity delivery.
Motilal Oswal Equity Intraday Margin/Leverage
In equity intraday, margin allows an investor to borrow money from his broker and take on a bigger position on his intraday trade. Intraday trade represents buying and selling a stock on the same trading day. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 30X for equity intraday.
Motilal Oswal Equity Futures Margin/Leverage
Equity futures is one of the derivatives of equity trading. It represents a contract in which the buyer and seller agree to transact shares at a future date and price. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 15X for equity intraday.
Motilal Oswal Equity Options Margin/Leverage
Apart from equity futures, equity options is also a derivative of equity trading. It differs from equity futures as it represents a right without an obligation to perform a trade on a future date and price. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 5X for equity options.
Motilal Oswal Currency Futures Margin/Leverage
Margin trading is very important in the currency trading segment. The relatively lower fluctuations in the relative value of the currencies being traded imply that people would require significant leverage to make meaningful trades. Currency trading without leverage is simply inaccessible to a lot of small investors. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 15X for currency futures.
Motilal Oswal Currency Options Margin/Leverage
We already discussed how margin trading is important for currency trading or forex trading. In contrast to currency futures, currency options give a right without an obligation to buy or sell on a future date and price. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 12X for currency options.
Motilal Oswal Commodity Margin/Leverage
Stockbrokers can also offer margin for commodity trading. The concepts are similar to any other kind of segment. Motilal Oswal offers a leverage of Upto 15X for commodity trading.