ICICI Direct Margin Trading
As the brokerage industry is getting advanced and more competitive, many brokers worldwide provide high margin and leverage incentives to allow investors to have much more significant exposure on their trades. These tools will enable an investor to take a much more prominent position on their trades and aim for a greater return. ICICI Direct offers different leverage for different kinds of trades.
On this page, you can find a margin calculator for ICICI Direct. ICICI Direct margin calculator can help you find out how much leverage you can get for different stocks depending on the type of trade, such as equity delivery, equity intraday, currency or commodity, etc.
To calculate margin for ICICI Direct,
- Select the kind of trade such as equity delivery, equity intraday, currency, or commodity.
- Select a stock or a contract from the scrip input.
- Enter share price and available margin balance in the account.
- Click on calculate button.
ICICI Direct Margin Calculator
|Shares (No leverage)
ICICI Direct Margin Calculator Report
After clicking on calculate, you can find a comprehensive report for the margin/leverage offered. In this report, you can find,
- Margin balance The margin available in your account.
- Share price The price of the stock or contract traded.
- Shares (No leverage) The total number of shares you could buy if margin/leverage benefits are not provided.
- Exposure Margin The exposure offered for the selected scrip and the trade type.
- Shares (Leverage) The total number of shares because of the leverage provided by ICICI Direct.
- Leverage The leverage offered by ICICI Direct. This is essentially a multiplier that represents the higher number of shares that you can buy because of margin trading.
ICICI Direct Exposure/Leverage
ICICI Direct Equity Delivery Margin/Leverage
In equity delivery trading, you hold the stocks in your Demat account for some time and then sell them when a suitable opportunity arises. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 1X for equity delivery.
ICICI Direct Equity Intraday Margin/Leverage
In equity intraday, margin allows an investor to borrow money from his broker and take on a bigger position on his intraday trade. Intraday trade represents buying and selling a stock on the same trading day. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 5X for equity intraday.
ICICI Direct Equity Futures Margin/Leverage
Equity futures is one of the derivatives of equity trading. It represents a contract in which the buyer and seller agree to transact shares at a future date and price. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 4X for equity intraday.
ICICI Direct Equity Options Margin/Leverage
Apart from equity futures, equity options is also a derivative of equity trading. It differs from equity futures as it represents a right without an obligation to perform a trade on a future date and price. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 1X for equity options.
ICICI Direct Currency Futures Margin/Leverage
Margin trading is very important in the currency trading segment. The relatively lower fluctuations in the relative value of the currencies being traded imply that people would require significant leverage to make meaningful trades. Currency trading without leverage is simply inaccessible to a lot of small investors. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 4X for currency futures.
ICICI Direct Currency Options Margin/Leverage
We already discussed how margin trading is important for currency trading or forex trading. In contrast to currency futures, currency options give a right without an obligation to buy or sell on a future date and price. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 1X for currency options.
ICICI Direct Commodity Margin/Leverage
Stockbrokers can also offer margin for commodity trading. The concepts are similar to any other kind of segment. ICICI Direct offers a leverage of Upto 3X for commodity trading.